When I started this whole “passive income” thing, my projects were doomed to fail.
Because they were not in a profitable niche – I didn’t think about how to properly monetize them!
I would take me weeks before realizing the content and websites I created were never going to generate any income.
Before writing a single word or recording a single video, it’s crucial that you know how you will monetize your project!
(Unless it’s only for fun and you don’t mind wasting time, but I assume that you’re here for business purposes).
I’m planning to write an article about this and record the related YouTube video.
So you don’t waste time and money on a niche (or angle) that will never make you any money.
And when I do, I want to have a headline ready for it (specifically the YouTube video).
Here are my 100 attempts.
- How to never earn money online
- Forget about everything you’ve heard about monetizing your blog
- Stop putting Amazon affiliate links everywhere! (and do this instead)
- Failed passive income attempts – confessions of a digital marketer
- Are you making these 9 fatal mistakes with your blog?
- Your blog might never make any money. Discover why.
- Those niches that bring no money: how to recognize them
- Would you rather have $2.5 or $25 RPM? How to monetize your website
- These 5 mistakes will cost you YEARS in trying to make money online
- How I lost months by NOT asking myself these 9 crucial questions about monetization
- Absolutely everything you wanted to know about blog monetization
- Passive income: it’s not as sexy as it seems
- Passive income works. Just not the way you think it does.
- Aspiring digital marketers: these are the 9 questions you MUST answer to make money online
- 9 must-answer questions to monetize a blog
- Tired, frustrated and demotivated: the truth behind passive income
- How to monetize a website when you never wrote a single article in your life
- How to monetize a website and not wait 18 months to see your first sale
- Make your first sale in 3 months flat: how to monetize a blog
- The path to earning a full income online is long. Take a shortcut with these 9 tactics.
- I wish I answered these 9 questions about monetization before starting a blog
- Passive income: the ultimate checklist
- The ultimate guide to monetizing your website and YouTube channel
- Forget to answer those 9 questions and you’ll never make money online
- Been trying to make money online since more than a year and still no revenue? Read this NOW!
- Making money online is not an art – it’s a science. Here is why you’re failing.
- The 9 reasons why your website is not making any money
- Here is why you don’t make money online (and how to fix it)
- How to earn a full income in 24 months with no prior writing experience
- The 9 questions you need to answer if you want to make money online
- Make these 9 mistakes and your side project will never make money
- Make these 9 monetization mistakes and you’ll never make money online
- Trying to make money online? Here is everything you should know about monetization
- 9 mistakes every newbie blogger makes while trying to make money online
- Website monetization: you’re doing it wrong
- These 9 questions about monetization are worth 12 months of your time (and $20K). But here they are, free.
- Old-school affiliate marketing is dead. To earn money online, try this instead.
- Why seasonal topics suck (for a first blog)
- The dirty truth no digital marketer tells you about picking a niche
- If monetizing a blog was easy, everybody would start one. Here is a shortcut to make money with your website.
- Let go of the shiny object syndrome and focus on a monetization strategy that works
- The only monetization strategy worth pursuing for your blog
- Pick a niche and don’t screw up. If you do, you’ll work for months and never earn money.
- It’s still possible to earn money online in 2019. Unless you do these 9 fatal mistakes.
- The 9 mistakes I made while trying to monetize my first website
- How I lost 4 months by writing content for a dead niche
- Why I abandoned my first, second and third niche site ideas
- I couldn’t make money with my first 3 blogs. Here is everything I learned about website monetization.
- The hardest lesson I learned while trying to monetize my first website
- I thought I had found a profitable niche. I lost time and money instead.
- Pick the right niche for your website, or die trying
- Too broad, too bland or too cheap: beware of how you choose your blog’s niche
- Not all niches are created equal: the 9-point checklist to make money online
- The 9 characteristics of niche websites that make money
- How to monetize a blog: the ultimate guide
- 9 mistakes to absolutely avoid when monetizing your first (or next) website
- The beginner’s guide to monetizing a website
- Ads, affiliate marketing or info product? How to monetize a blog.
- Here is why I abandoned 3 websites (before making any money)
- Monetization lessons learned from building 3 unprofitable websites
- Here is everything I learned while trying to monetize my 3 first websites
- Website monetization fails: why you’ll never make money with your blog
- These blogs that never make money
- Why most blogs never make money
- Why monetizing your website will fail (and what to do instead)
- 9 rookie mistakes when monetizing your first website
- Watch this video before picking your first niche
- Watch this video before monetizing your website
- Don’t pick a niche site idea before watching this video!
- Write content then try to monetize it? It’s the other way around!
- Give your website a fighting chance by asking your these 9 crucial monetization questions
- 9 ways your website could never generate any revenue
- How to PROPERLY monetize a website (it took me 2 years to figure this out!)
- 9 misconceptions about monetizing a blog
- 9 questions every pro digital marketer asks before building a website
- 9 questions about monetization you must answer before starting a website
- Pick a niche that will earn you an income the first time
- I failed at monetizing my first 3 niche websites, so you don’t have to
- Here is why I failed at monetizing my first 3 websites
- Trying to monetize your blog? Ignore this video at your own risk.
- Finding a niche that makes money is hard. Here is how to do it.
- Why your website will never make any money
- How to choose a niche that you can monetize right away
- If I only I knew about monetization when I started…
- The truth about website monetization
- Monetizing your website is not about slapping affiliate links and pray. Here is a better strategy.
- My fail-proof monetization strategy to make money online
- My fail-proof strategy to finding a profitable niche
- The ultimate guide to finding a profitable niche
- How to find a profitable niche and make money online in under 3 months
- How to find a profitable niche and not screw up with these 9 simple questions
- 9 essential steps to finding a profitable niche
- Found a profitable niche idea? Ask yourself these 9 crucial monetization questions!
- Why most niches are not profitable (and how to find one)
- My first 3 websites were not profitable. Here is why.
- Why 98.7% of all websites never make any money
- The riches are in the niches: why picking the right niche is so important
- Why your niche is not profitable (and how to find one)
- Give me 30 minutes of your time and I’ll make you find a profitable niche
- You can find a profitable niche in 30 minutes with these 9 simple questions
PS: 9 is an arbitrary number, I don’t know how many points there will be in the final article/video.
Completed in 57:13 (in 2 sittings)
How It Felt
I was on FIRE (the first 20 headlines were pretty bad, though).
I hit tiny plateau around headline #80, but rapidly got back on track
There are a lot of winners here…
Specifically #87 through #95. They have that strong “catchy template” vibe going on, but I think they’re the best of the bunch.
I’ll just have to write the article first because I don’t know if I’m gonna push the monetization side, or the profitable niche side.
I guess you’ll see when it’s out 🙂
What I Learned
- YouTube videos can get away with more clickbaity titles (specifically if you’re targeting the algorithm, and not the search engine)
- Shorter headlines feel more impactful (even if you can “convince more” with longer ones)
- I’m always amazed at how I can find 100 headlines for the exact same article – I’ll never say I have no idea ever again!