On June 3, 2019, I posted my first picture ever on the Misfit Hustler Instagram account.
Also, it was the day when Instagram decided to go down (along with Facebook and WhatsApp):
Perfect day to start an Instagram profile, right? #instagramdown #irony
The brand new Misfit Hustler Instagram profile looked like this:
So I decided to write headlines for Descripture*, a hypothetical app / social network where all you can do is describe pictures – not post them.
(*a contraction of Describe and Picture.)
That’s right: all you have is words.
Don’t ask why… I just wanted something fun to work on today.
Something weird and unexpected.
This will do!
- Selfies not allowed
- Say something smart, for once!
- No, it’s not always about your duck face.
- Describe me something beautiful
- Tired of filters? What about tired of pictures?
- Words is all you need to paint a great picture
- Where influencers tell stories
- Show it with words
- Tell, do not show
- This app is so lightweight all you need is 3G
- CDNs? What’s that?
- The app for those who can’t snap a picture
- If you never felt comfortable in front of the camera, you’ll love this social network
- Describe a world nobody ever saw… including you
- Be imaginative, describe what’s in your head
- Mental pictures are powerful
- Tell a good story, describe a mental picture
- Your life looks so much better when nobody can’t see it!
- Your personal journal, rebooted
- Memories look always better than reality
- Words are beautiful
- Let’s bring back poetry
- Describe an imaginary scenery, just for the sheer pleasure of it
- Your imagination is way more beautiful than a picture
- Photographers HATE this app!
- Twitter is way too crowded with images? Try Descripture.
- Who needs images?
- Images? What for?
- Regain your attention span
- Millennials actually love reading!
- What if you could only share your experiences with words?
- Share your life with words
- Share it with words
- Words, what else?
- This post may only contain words
- This post may contain a good story
- When life’s ugly, tell a beautiful story
- Tell a picture
- Let’s bring back the original Twitter
- Post status updates like it’s 2006
- Finally a way to share about you in public and not feel awkward
- Stop scrolling. Start reading.
- Show your truth with words
- Copywriters’ favorite social network
- Never quite felt at home on Instagram? Introducing Descripture.
- Make others jealous of your life… with words
- Write it until you make it
- Your lambos are useless, sorry!
- Words. Words everywhere.
- No need to show to inspire
- Inspire with words
- What if you could not see? What would you tell the world?
- Tell the world
- Where storytellers are made
- The storytellers factory
- We are words
- Choose your font. Craft your message.
- Write it out loud
- Close your eyes and write what you see
- No camera? No problem.
- The world of typography
- Lifestyle with substance
- The social network for thought-leaders
- Influence with your words
- Nothing to see here
- Imagine with others’ words
- Imagine with words
- How to get 100K followers with no camera
- Pictures are so 2018!
- If you could send your 15 year-old a letter, what would it say?
- Write for you own posterity
- Words fly away, writings remain
- The writing is on your wall
- Picture it with words
- Depict your reality
- Emotions through words
- Words eyes view
- See it with words
- Change the way you share your life for ever
- Writing is back in fashion
- When the spotlight is taken away from you, all you have to do is shine with words
- Shine, write like a diamond
- Write me something beautiful
- Draw with words
- This brand new social network will scare the hell out of you!
- Empty messages meet thumbs down
- Powerful messages never go out of style
- Pictures fade but words are eternal
- The showoffs showdown
- Describe a picture worth reading about
- Pictures worth reading
- Words worth contemplating
- Your life is exceptional – write
- The scenery between the words
- Written pixels that inspire
- Texties is the new black
- The social network where we all compete with the same weapons: words
- Words are enough
- Words worth writing
Completed in 53:00 (in 2 sittings).
How It Felt
It felt very good, especially the last 25.
Funny and interesting at the same time – I think I might have thing for misfit projects 😉
These headlines are more like taglines, but that was more or less the point.
I hit a small plateau around headline #65, so I stopped right away and got back to it later.
This seems to work as I was faster than when I hit my first plateaus.
Ideas pop up during breaks!
What I Learned
- made-up projects work just as well as real-life products / services
- the shorter headlines, the more powerful!
- (service) disruptions make for great business ideas
PS: Instagram is back up as I’m finished writing this!